Competition - Submit your video to Sayat Nova Festival
Music of Armenia is delighted to announce the launch of Sayat Nova Festival dedicated to Sayat Nova and Ashough culture. The festival, for the first time, will take place in Yerevan in June 2016. To kick off the festival with a bang and to get you involved in the creation of this remarkable event, we have decided to announce a competition in search of the best arrangement/interpretation of music by Sayat Nova and other ashoughs. The competition gives (Armenian) musicians around the world the opportunity to revive Armenian traditional music in combination with modern world music culture trends.
Sayat Nova Festival
Celebrating the beauty of a unique artform, Sayat Nova Festival aims to preserve and promote the legacy of Sayat Nova and ashough culture in general. For several days, Sayat Nova Festival will bring together musicians of all backgrounds and levels of experience in an event solely dedicated to this utmost treasured artform.
What you get
1. The winning musician/band (video) will get $100.
2. If the winning musician(s)/band are based in Yerevan, they will have the chance to perform their song live at the Sayat Nova Festival in June 2016.
The competition is open to amateur and professional musicians who wish to submit their own arrangements and interpretations. This is a chance to showcase your talent to an international (online) community and an audience in Yerevan, as well as make a personal contribution to the Armenian musical heritage.
Terms and Conditions
The goal of the competition is to find songs/videos that best illustrate how the traditional can be transferred into the 21st century.
- Submissions have to be in the form of a video. If you do not have a recorded video, make an ‘audio’ video with a photo of your band or yourself.
- No genre or style limitations, just make sure it is tasteful.
- Make sure the work you submit is fully your own creation and it is clear of any copyrighted material or you have the right permissions in place.
- Upload your video into YouTube, Vimeo or WeTransfer and send the link to us via email to email@example.com.
- Only one video submission per musician/band.
- Through an internal selection process we will choose and publish shortlisted videos on Sayat Nova Festival’s Facebook page. This will be followed by public voting.
- The video with the highest number of likes will win.
Videos can be submitted until 15 May 2016. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The voting will begin on 16 May and the winner will be announced on 31 May 2016.